At Birmingham Prep we pride ourselves on developing the entire student. Within this development we classify our players into two areas: Prep or JuCo.
Within our classification of a player, we look at the answers to the following questions:
1. What is your Core GPA?
- If you are unsure how to calculate this please see your high school guidance counselor and visit http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/division-i-initial-eligibility-toolkit
- If your Core GPA is above a 2.3 you are one step closer to becoming a "Prep Guy"
2. What is your ACT/SAT?
- See where your score lands you on the NCAA Sliding Scale
- Division I http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf
- Division II https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018DIIEC_Requirements_Fact_Sheet_20180117.pdf
- If your ACT is a 17 or above, your test score is that of a qualifier
3. When did you graduate high school? Have you been enrolled full-time at a 2-year or 4-year university?
After answering this questions, our academic staff will classify you as a Prep or JuCo guy and adjust your academic prospectus accordingly.
Birmingham Prep does accept bounce back players similar to a JuCo and will evaluate your path to eligibility to assure you that Birmingham Prep is the correct route for you. We will turn away athletes if it does not make sense for them to be here academically or athletically. We are here to foster the development of the whole student-athlete, but we also believe in our players progressing academically even if that means without football. Football is temporary and a means to gain a free or less expensive education to better achieve your goals as a man beyond athletics. This philosophy and practice is why Birmingham Prep continues to be a trusted choice in the prep and postgraduate community.
To begin your academic journey with Birmingham Prep click "Here"